24 September 2009

Sustainability Lucky Dip!

...every player wins a prize!


No wonder we can't figure out where to deploy our efforts...Venn diagrams! Three legged stools! the I-Ching(?)!

Sourced from Computing for Sustainability, 15 March 2009

'How to convey the essence of sustainability in a few sketched lines? I’m wading through the net and my bookshelves to find examples of the genre. I’m looking for schematics of the notion of sustainability itself rather than the underlying science – greenhouse, carbon, meso climate process, ground water, etc for which there are a zillion diagrams.'

To my mind, these are the three that say the most [for humanity as a whole, not a corporation or a local community] - the first because it articulates limits [economy
within society, within biosphere] and the second because it shows what we need to be working towards, and the third because it depicts the two big storylines - increasing demand, decreasing resource base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here. Please note these stories are posted for information rather than for debate; if you wish to disagree with something posted, no problem, but since I post both things that I do and don't support, it would be appreciated if the criticism was about the issue.